Do you need a new piece of construction equipment, a bulldozer, an excavator, or a backhoe perhaps? Do you need help in procuring heavy machinery to make sure that you get what you pay for?
Buying construction equipment is a huge investment, so it’s understandable that you’d want to be more cautious when procuring the machine that you need for your business. Taking a backhoe for sale in the Philippines at face value is simply not enough, especially if you’re not sure about the integrity of the dealer.
To make sure that your investment is not wasted on a piece of equipment that you might not even really need, consider the following questions:
Backhoe for Sale Philippines: Questions You Need to Be Asking before Buying the Equipment
- Is a backhoe really a necessity for your business?
If you’ve been managing your own construction business for awhile, you most likely have amassed quite an extensive fleet of heavy machinery. You need those to run a successful construction company, after all.
But before you make a decision about whether to buy a backhoe or not, you first need to determine if there is actually a need for the said equipment. If your current fleet can efficiently cover the tasks that you would normally associate with a backhoe loader, then perhaps you won’t need to purchase that particular equipment for the time being.
- How will you find the right make and model for your specific application?
When it comes to construction equipment, finding the right model with the right specifications will largely depend on the tasks you will be using machine for. And when it comes to backhoes, you need to consider the horsepower, bucket capacity, operating weight, and digging depth. Make sure that the specifications will meet the intended application.
- Should you buy a brand-new or previously owned backhoe loader?
This is probably one of the most common choices that everyone in the construction business faces when it comes to procuring equipment to add to their fleet. You need to understand though that choosing between the two may not always be as straightforward as you think. There are pros and cons that you have to consider between brand-new and used equipment.
Also, you have to realize that what works for other businesses may not necessarily work for you. A major factor that often plays a common role in the decision-making process is the financial resources of the buyer. How much can you afford? Bear in mind that brand-new equipment typically entails a hefty upfront cost. And although used equipment is cheaper, buying a poorly maintained machine could cost you more money on repairs and parts replacement later on.
- What kind of features and attachments will help improve your productivity to maximize your ROI?
When buying construction equipment like backhoes, you also have to consider the features as well as the attachments that should come with it. Keep in mind that while expanding your fleet may be a necessity, you need to look after your ROI or return on investment. And in order to maximize that, your productivity has to increase, which can be achieved by choosing the appropriate features and attachments that suit your application.
- Can you afford the cost of owning and maintaining such equipment?
Okay. So if you’re running a big construction business and you’re being contracted to do construction projects left and right, then maybe the question is irrelevant. However, if you’re a small business or a contractor who’s just starting to break ground in the industry, you should absolutely consider the costs that come with owning such equipment.
In some cases, small construction businesses and private contractors will often rent the equipment they need for the project rather than buy them. So you have to choose between renting and buying as well.
Additional Tips When Buying Construction Equipment
After you’ve considered the above mentioned questions and you still find yourself wanting to buy a backhoe loader for your business, here are a few tips that can help you find the right construction equipment dealer:
- Don’t focus on one dealership. Expand your options by talking to a number of dealers and sellers in your area. Get the best deal possible.
- Ask the right questions. When talking to a dealer or a private seller, make sure to ask the right questions. If you’re buying used equipment, ask why the previous owner decided to sell. If you’re buying brand-new, ask the dealer about the maintenance services they offer, operator training, and so on.
- Perform some online research before buying. Before you visit a dealership, it’s important that you have all the necessary information about the equipment you want to buy.