Social media is very powerful. It does not only connect people, it can also influence a person’s way of thinking. In some instances, it can even form or strengthen beliefs. This becomes especially true when you realize that most of social media today is in the form of photos or videos.
For many, visual posts are more interesting and engaging. Compared to the usual text-based statuses and comments you see on any social network, photos and videos easily get the attention of users. The processing of information is quicker because what you’ll see are not words but images. And the minute you manage to get the attention of the user or audience, you are guaranteed to see an increase in your brand’s online presence. All thanks to some photos and videos you posted.
This is what visual social media is all about. Understand, however, that there are things you need to do or follow if you want a successful visual social media campaign; one that will help propel your business to the top.
- Try to use visuals as much as possible when you want to share an important message. Do not just tell people your message; show them what you mean. Visual content does not pertain only to photos and videos, but also to infographics, slideshows, animation, and graphics.
- Your content should be fresh and original. Make sure that nothing about it is copied. This can be done with the help of a good, well-experienced, and professional artist. Or, you can do the task yourself. All you need is basic training for editing, although you may also choose to make use of photo apps on your smartphone.
- Choose only content or material (photos and images) that has a story. Additionally, you need to establish emotional connection with your audience.
- Interact with your followers. The beauty of visual social media is that it allows you to connect with the people or groups (or companies) that check out your content. So, talk to them and interact with them. This is one way of checking if they like what they are seeing.
- Share your visual content. Do not just allow your images and videos to be archived. Share them! Go and connect with other social networks like LinkedIn, Instagram, and Pinterest. You can even join online contests if you want to!
- Just because you should attract audiences with photos and videos does not mean your post will now have no text-based content. You still need good content, so make sure to put in some caption for all your visual content. Use hashtags, too, as this will help make your post visible to more people. A call to action is also important as this can help influence audiences. In addition, be sure that your original photos and videos are watermarked, so that they won’t be easily stolen or used without your permission.
- Make sure the photos you use in your social media posts are of good quality.
These may be simple tips, but they are your best bet for getting the most out of visual social media.